The Owl's Nest
Newly available for 2018. The Owls’ Nest apartment is available for short lets, on an accommodation only basis. Situated on the top floor of our home, the apartment is ideal for 1 or 2 persons who would like a short break; Friday to Monday, or Monday to Friday. Full week lets are also available Friday to Friday.
in a “nutshell"...
- A fully modernised apartment with character features including old wooden floors and original beams
- central heating and living flame gas stove
- Organic cotton bedlinen and towels
- Feather pillows and duvets
- Bose Radio / CD player, can be used to play music from a smartphone through wifi
- Free wifi
- A complimentary ‘Welcome Pack’ on arrival with basic provisions including some local produce
- Unfortunately we cannot accept dogs in The Owls’ Nest, as our resident cats are not dog friendly
- Centrally located in the village Market Square Close to village amenities
- Next door to Lindisfarne Priory and St Mary’s Church
- Easy walks to the beaches and harbour
- A 10 minute walk to Holy Island Castle
- Many wonderful walks begin at our door
"in more detail"...
The apartment comprises the whole of the top floor of Selby House, from where you can enjoy ‘owls-eye’ views of the village, Lindisfarne Priory, and the sea. Access is through the front door of Selby House in the Market Square, through our entrance hall and up two flights of stairs to the Owls’ Nest.
Selby House is an 18th century Georgian house with period features and traditional character. We have recently undertaken a major renovation project to create a comfortable and cosy home while being careful to keep the Georgian features and style. We live here with our beautiful Burmese cats.
Although there is no main entrance door to the apartment, the Owls’ Nest begins at the second flight of stairs and the whole of the top floor would be entirely yours during your stay. Our resident cats are extremely friendly and curious to meet visitors but they can easily be excluded by keeping the door of each room closed.
The Lounge/dining kitchen
The open plan lounge / dining kitchen with old wood floors has a sofabed, Bose Radio/ CD player, can be used to play music from a smartphone through wifi. There are central heating radiators and a living flame gas fire for cosy evenings after a day of exploring the Island.
The mini kitchen has a two-ring hob, sink unit, small dishwasher, fridge and combination oven, grill and microwave.
There are views from here to three sides; across the harbour and sea to the Farne Islands, across the priory and church, and across the garden and sea to the mainland.
The double bedroom, with old wood floors, has a comfortable super kingsize bed, feather duvet and pillows, organic cotton bedlinen and towels. Central heating radiators.
There are views from the bedroom across the Market Square to the harbour and the sea, and across our garden to the sea and mainland at the rear. If the tide is low and the rear window is left open the seals can be heard howling all night long as they lie on the sandbanks.
The Shower Room
The light and spacious shower room has a large walk-in shower with Hansgrohe ‘Raindance’ showers, Villeroy Boch fittings, heated towel rail and underfloor heating.